Why Choose Us?
A diamond engagement ring is the most important piece of jewelry you'll choose. It's a symbol of your love. You want it to be a high quality ring that will last a lifetime. You want to know that you're getting the best diamond for your budget and that you fully understand what you're purchasing. Since 1982, we've helped thousands of people pick out the perfect engagement ring and we'd love to do the same for you. Our dedicated staff will spend time with you and give you a customized shopping experience. We have a GIA trained Diamond Graduate on staff who will be glad to answer any questions you may have on color, clarity, cut, carat size, ethical sourcing, and more. In addition to customized service, we offer the following benefits with *every diamond engagement ring purchase:
- First 2 sizings are always free. After that, we will charge only half of our standard rate.
- Complimentary appraisal report plus complimentary value adjustments as needed in the future.
- Free rhodium plating on white gold rings. Free polishing on yellow gold and platinum rings. These services restore your ring to its original luster and shine!
- Free cleaning and inspection. (Didn't purchase your ring from us? We'll still offer this at no charge!)
- Free replacement of small side stones lost due to normal wear within the first five years.
- We'll take 25% off your wedding bands when you're ready to purchase them.
- Many of our center diamonds have a lifetime trade-up value. Please let us know if you might be interested in this in the future and we'll be sure the diamond you purchase qualifies. Our trade-up policy only requires a minimum increase of $250, not double like most stores.
Choosing Your Diamond
Diamonds come in many sizes, shapes, colors, and with various internal characteristics. All polished diamonds are valuable. That value is based on a combination of factors. Rarity is one of those factors. Diamonds with certain qualities are more rare—and more valuable—than diamonds that lack them. Choosing the diamond that's right for you is a personal decision. Some people may want to focus more on the size of the diamond, others may want to focus more on color and clarity. Look at Diamonds in Person While diamonds are the only gemstone made of a single element, carbon, they're a product of nature so no two are exactly alike. The value factors of carat size, color, clarity, and cut are good to know in order to accurately compare pricing of diamonds. However, it's important to know that all grades are set by experienced graders using 10X magnification for clarity and specific lighting for color. Plus, diamonds are typically graded loose. Most individuals will not pick up on slight differences in grades under normal conditions. Learn a little about the 4Cs of diamonds here:
Clarity characteristics might have a negative influence on a diamond’s value, but they can have positive effects as well. For one thing, they help gemologists separate diamond from imitations. (This is easier with included diamonds than with flawless ones.) And because no two diamonds have exactly the same inclusions, they can help identify individual stones. They can also provide scientists with valuable information about how diamonds form. Flawless and internally flawless diamonds are extremely rare. Most diamonds set in jewelry are in the SI & I range. We typically recommend the SI range for most customers as a good balance of appearance to the naked eye while keeping the price in a reasonable range.
As you can see, there are many components to grading a diamond. It's nice to know the grades when buying, but ultimately you want to Look at the Diamonds in Person and judge them for yourself. Each grade is a range. Two diamonds can look the same on paper but totally different in person.